Saturday, September 10, 2005

ColoradoBennett-crappy climb



Double posting, awwwaggghhggft. Ok, I'm over it. Tonight was just too funny to not post. We decided to take the family climbing in Golden. There are these cliffs on a plateau overlooking the city and it is just beautiful. I don't know what we were thinking (kinda tough to keep Sierra and Kaia from rolling down the steep grade mtn while we are climbing and belaying) but it felt good to just get out. We hiked up to the routes, Adam had Sierra on his shoulders and I had Kaia in the backpack carrier. We found a climb that we thought I could lead. Adam wanted to look around a few others but I was in a hurry and said "no no, I can do it, let's just climb this one". Well, about half way up I was in the crux. And at about that time both girls decided they had to poop. Poor Sierra was wearing Dora panties so we had clean her with wetwipes as good as we could in the fading light. I didn't have back up clothes so we had to use a hankerchief and we called them "camping panties". Pretty funny. Not so funny for Adam, because he still had to carry her down the mtn on his shoulders. Anyway, all the poop distracted from the fact that I couldn't make the climb and had to climb down. Geof. where where you when I needed you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home