Sunday, September 25, 2005

ColoradoBennett-Defending My Mother

My poor mom. Adam wasn't even invited to visit her in the hospital because of his crappy comments about her healthy lifestyle being the root of all her troubles. She had the flu really bad this week, same symptoms I had last Tuesday, except her stomach filled up with so much air that oxygen got behind the stomach lining, into her liver, and swelled her up so much her stomach split inside. The doctor said it looked like gangrene was developing in her stomach and intestine and that's why he wanted to do emergency surgery. Gram and I were there visiting her tonight and the nurse was giving her a potassium IV. The nurse cranked it up to 100 (she said she was under pressure from the Dr. to give my mom 4 bags of potassium before her shift was up) and in a few minutes my mom was crying and writhing with pain on the bed. It was horrible. It took about 45 minute of this happening, then then nurse would drop the flow down a few notches, then the pain would come back, on and on. I just got a call from my grandma saying that the doctor finally said my mom could just take a potassium pill instead of the IV from hell. Anyway, hope everyone else is healthy and gangrene free. Brooke, what a beautiful poem. You are very talented, are a wonderful wife and mother, and you have a outstanding husband.
All we need is Blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home