Tuesday, October 25, 2005

death by uni -lydia

so the other day I thought it would be a good idea to break out the old uni. It had been awhile and I was a little rusty, also adding the fact I had on tight pants and not the proper shoes. The grandparents were over and I wanted to show off for them, so here I go with dad, Reed, and Lela watching me, and I guess you could say egging me on to jump on with no help, -so I do and I’m fast, and I fall! With in seconds I’m parallel with the ground about 4 feet up from the cement. Enough time for me to look over at my dad thinking I’m dead, and land full force on my elbow, followed by my hip, then head. It was a fantastic feeling, all I could think of was skiing and “man I must have hit hard” I got all dizzy and sweaty. I just rolled over and held my elbow, I’m surprised I didn’t swear! Anyhow story goes on I guess my papa asked me if he should call 911, I don’t remember much of it but I passed out, my eyes rolled in the back of my head and I seizure for about 2 minutes – enough time for me to dream about bunny rabbits and “hitting hard” while skiing! Amazing how that happens! And of course I have nothing to show for it, I’m thinking I was gonna get the biggest bruise, but nothing just pain and swelling of the elbow. I was telling my roomy Jord about it and he said if I had any of his blood in me I could get hit in the face with a baseball bat and still not bruise. Anyhow after that little episode my dad said I had to retire the uni till next summer. He can only take care of one broken person at a time. Speaking of, moms surgery went well, I guess a lot better then last time. It was done last night and I guess she had a pretty good night. My dad was saying they have her on narcotics and it’s making her say funny things like “make sure you wear rubber gloves when washing out the diapers in the toilet” followed by “did you see the paint? The paint looks nice” drifting in and out of sleep, I wish I could be there with a video camera! Anyways that’s all I got for you sorry it’s such a long story. Blog to blog later Lydia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home