Friday, October 21, 2005

I can't think of a snappy title

Brooke, leave it to our mothers to help bring us back to reality. No doubt you were thinking how hip you looked and how dangit, if only Mike were here you'd get an open-mouth kiss, when you're sweet mother shoots you that one. Sounds like something mom would say. They just have this matter-of-fact way of doing it too, like they're just telling the truth. I'm sure you look hot and nothing like a thirtysomething girl trying to regain her youth (I'm just practicing for Clo and Mad).

I also know what you mean about one of those days. I spent most of the day organizing Maddie's room. We had boxes piled to the ceiling, with no hope of ever getting rid of them. I finally got them all put away, or at least hidden. I was so proud of myself. I only "raised my voice" at Clo once (which resulted in her laying on her bed and crying into her pillow "it's all my fault" - ya that one really made me feel great) and nurse Maddie three times. I called Kev and told him he wouldn't believe the surprise I had for him (I was banking on one of those youthful kisses because of it). Needless to say it didn't revolutionize his life like I was sure it would. He didn't even say anything when he came downstairs after work. I was like - "did you see Maddie's room?" - "Oh ya, looks great." No, no, you're enthusiasm is thanks enough. Then he starts telling me about how he and his buddies are talking at lunch about their wives. Actually, it was just their older friend talking about his wife. He says how after you get married, your wife pretty well shuts you down until they're about 40, barring the need to procreate. I was like, hmmm, let's see. The guys get up, go out and actually get to take a shower before 9:00 pm. They get to put on cute clothes and see other actual adults and have conversations that don't end in "because I said so damnit." They drive around listening to talk radio and other adult, thought provoking material, all the while I'm making sure Maddie is laying on the left side of her head and explaining to Clo why we can't watch Cinderella again. Can't possibly imagine why we're not sitting in a teddy when they get home. Anyway, what do you do?

Well it's 1 in the morning, but my legs were killing me so I had to get up to take some Ibuprofen. I actually have a quote that I found yesterday that couldn't have been more perfect for the day - "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Love you guys, Leash

P.S. Meags, mom and dad saw Summer Elaine Clarke last night at the Mandarin in Bountiful. She saw mom sitting in the waiting area and was like "you're Alicia's mom!" She was so impressed when mom and dad both called her by her full name. She was like "you guys are good!" Anyway, mom said she didn't see a ring, but that she looked really cute. Really girly too. Weird huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home