Friday, October 21, 2005

Seattle Bennett living in Colorado

After reading the last few blogs I will have to admit that are times usually within the first 15 minutes when I walk through the door and the girls are so happy to see me and Kaia cries if i don't pick her up and both Sierra and Kaia act like angles where I wish it was my job to stay home and be mom or when I get the call from Mindi that they are swimming or at the zoo. but that last 15 30 minutes max sometimes at work I feel like I'm in a race to the finish I can see the finish line (the last apt for the day, the task wrapping up, or just the good old time clock hitting beer:30 (just kidding)) I can't think of the last time my job has called me out of bed in the middle of the night or even more distressing called me out of bed 2 hours early without at least knowing the day before. even as dad most of the time when the girls wake me up I fake that I know what I'm doing until the Momma can come to the rescue(I don't know how to Lactate). I know I can lift heavier things than Mindi and I can reach things that Mindi can't (unless climbing) but some how I can't cook, clean, or simply stand for longer than a few minutes with a kid in my arms. Without a doubt Motherhood is a far harder, never ending, and at times seems non rewarding job than anything I face.
I think the women in this family do an amazing job at making the tasks of motherhood look easy and keeping the kids happy and entertained. From family home evening, scriptures, going to church, cleaning house, eating meals, staying really really really ridiculously good looking, and the list goes on and on; I don't think there could ever be enough praise given, flowers bought, and definatley not enough open mouth kisses given to show the appretiation I have for the mother of my children and my best friend.
I love you Mindi and while I'm not going to feel guilty sleeping in tomorrow and listing to my talk radio and staying up late watching non baby einstein, pixar, disney, signing times movies tonight, I am going to feel very greatful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home