Thursday, October 20, 2005

Venting

So today at institute, among other things, we were told to keep a journal. Keep track of our spiritual experiences and also relate how we faced up to life's challenges. Right now I can say "I stink." I am resenting all of life's challenges right this minute. It's 10:00 pm and all day long I planned on getting to the gym at 9:00, but no, Jane's homework wasn't done, the kitchen wasn't cleaned up, Sadie needed to poop on the toilet, while Ellyn was pooping (for the third time today) in her diaper. So I just got done doing my breathing excersizes and hoping that it counts for something. I know it's not a big deal but when you just add one little thing on top of another throughout the day- like loading one child in the car for institute in the morning, going in to get the next one and finding them playing in the toilet, eating an apple piece that you didn't give them and wondering if they played raccoon first- or losing your keys for 20 minutes at institute, only to find them under your sister's baby carrier that you did shift side to side but did not actually pick up. Like I've said, it's just been one of those days, one little thing after another all day long.

Cameron, I'm sorry Monie is going through all of this pain. I hope you figure out what it is soon.

Jess, I'm sorry you missed the NY trip. I'm glad you got a good job though. What do you do?

Lyd, art school sounds fabulous. Just remember not to pick up on all those freethinking ideas that will lead you away from the iron rod- kidding, but not. We would all love to have an artist in the family.

Leash, I'm with you on the box elder bugs as well. They are getting almost as creepy as cockroaches in my book. They are in my bathroom sink, they land in my hair, they climb along the walls. The picture I had in my head of you exterminating those suckers is priceless.

Chels, we never heard back about the hair, did we? How'd it go? I did blond streaks in the front of mine a few days ago. I like it. I was feeling too old and dowdy. Mom says it makes me look older, like I'm desperate to cover the gray. Whatever.

Okay, I guess I have been bitter blog nazi tonight. Sorry, I will try to be better later. I love you all. Tomorrow is another blog. love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home