Saturday, November 19, 2005

ColoradoBennett--HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIND

To the Elder, far, far away,
May you have the chance to read the blog one day.

Ok, I'm done with my rhyme. Diego was singing 'Rescue Pack' in the back ground and it threw off my poetic rhythm. So Pa is here with us in Denver. We went to a wedding reception with him last night to honor Josh and Vanessa Winters. It was very nice, except that T.J. Winters was in charge of the D.J.'ing and T.J. doesn't dance, therefore T.J. doesn't make good dance mix cds. But I'm totally over it.
I was reading Elder Eyring's conference talk this morning and I like the following he said in reference to President Hinckley's challenge to read the BoM this year: "We will then have a choice of what to do after January 1. We can choose to sigh with relief and say to ourselves: 'I have built a great reservoir of faith by starting early and being steady in obedience. I will store it away against the times when I will be tested in storms.' There is a better way to prepare, because great faith has a short shelf life. We could decide to persist in studying the words of Christ in the scriptures and the teachings of living prophets. This is what I will do. I will go back to the Book of Mormon and drink deeply and often. And then I will be grateful for what the prophet's challenge and promise did to teach me how to gain greater faith and mantain it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home