Thursday, January 26, 2006

ColoradoBennett

So today I turned onto our street and saw three cop cars close to our house. I instantly had the feeling that it had something to do with our house. I pulled in back to the garage and there were three cops and poor Muhammad, handcuffed and sitting on the steps. I jumped out of the car, said what's going on, and once I established with the officer that I lived there, they filled me in on the stake out. Apparently one of our kind, concerned neighbors (possibly the sheep lady) saw Muhammad walking home from school and into our house. They thought he looked suspicious and figured he was breaking in. By the time the cops arrived, Muhammad was in his room, napping, when he heard Max going nuts. He looked out his window and there was a police officer pointing a gun at him. He obeyed the officer's command to come outside. They cuffed him, couldn't understand his English, and were about to take him down town, when I showed up. The poor kid was pretty scared, but good humored enough to ask me to take a picture so that he could send it to his mother. I talked with him a little bit afterwards, thought all was well and went on with making dinner. But then Muhammad got on the phone with his Saudi Arabian mentor guy who was very mad about the whole run in with the cops and the racist neighbor and then Muhammad came down to tell me that he wanted the cops to come back and tell us who called on him. Adam and I both told him that the cops wouldn't tell us who called, but he didn't like that answer. Now I'm worried that all of Saudi Arabia is going to be upset with our neighbors and the NSA is really going to get involved.
Darla, more kneading will help your bread. I'm glad to hear that you were successful for the most part. You can take over for me as the family bread maker, I've thrown in the towel. Alicia, you were mocking me and my recipe, but I can take it. Lydia, I've been thinking of some tips for European travel for you. My original list got erased, here is the summed up version. Eat bread and cheese and chocolate and gelato every day, spend most of your time in Switzerland and Rome, stay at the Kerouac, take a ridiculous amount of pictures, avoid spending the night at the airport if possible, pack light, beware of gated places in France where they lock the gate after a certain hour and you are trapped inside unless Adam can find you a way out, and traveling with family is the way to go. Enlist some of your cousins, take Geof. and Darla.
I've attached pictures, one of Muhammad in handcuffs and the other of all of us at the stock show. The drunk lady taking our picture cut me out, na ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home