Saturday, January 21, 2006

povo

I have just spent the past hour getting caught up on all of the blogs. Good heaven my eyes are in pain but it was too good to resist and I'm working dispatch at the airport during an inversion so I had the time. Things are going great. The weather was poopy the other day so we made the best use of time while I couldn't fly. The troops filed into the altima and it was off to four different stores to find out that theyt had no more sleds. Well not to be deterred we grabbed big garbage bags shoved cole into one and pushed him down the hill. We all did it and it was fun. We also built the sorriest snow man in the history of snow man building. It was so much fun.
As for life Darla and I had to talk last Sunday and it's good to have that over. Darla was kind enough to leave me some extra time so instead of a 15 minute talk it was 25. Oh poor poor audience. Darla's talk was great and we are glad we were able to get to church early for once.
The flying is going well. I have passed off a private pilot and a commercial pilot now and I feel like a proud father. The other day I was up flying right as a viscious cold front rolled in. It moved in as fast as any weather I've seen so I decided we should head back to the airport. Well the student was new and the wind started to pick up. The controller clear us to land and so we turned base which is where you come in N. S. E. W. etc. of the airport with your wings parallel to the runway direction so that you can turn to final and enter straight in to the runway. Well the wind was so strong that I had the nose pointed in the same direction as the runway through out the whole base leg. We were getting rocked by some turbulence and the gust were around 31 knots or 37.2 mph. I told my student to just give me the controls. Well normally you land with the propeller going at 1500 rpms. well I came in at 2200 rpms with only one notch of flaps. It was like missile compared to how we normally approached. Everything went well and it was so much fun.
Cole and Dayne are the cutest they are behaving very well together and despite what Darla says I think that she's making a lot of progress with Cole. He's the cutest boy and a lot of fun. Dayne loves grunting and is really quite vocal with said grunts. Okay blog ya later dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home