Sunday, March 05, 2006

It is Time

That's from Lion King. If you have seen it 20,000 times you might recognize it. Ellyn's two favorite movies are "The Heffalump Movie" and "Lion King." They each get a fair amount of play time.

Well the last few weeks were wonderful. Mike was here and it felt so good to be a complete family again. We didn't even do anything that fabulous (except our trip to Camano Island) we just enjoyed being together and hanging out. That was pretty much our plan all along. We knew that the dead of winter wouldn't be too exciting in Korea or here so we thought at least being together during that time would break up those winter doldrums. He would leave and it would almost be spring. I miss him so much though, it's hard to keep saying goodbye to someone you love over and over. At least we get that time together so I can't complain.

We did have an absolutely great trip, just the two of us for three days. Mike's dad lent us his corvette and took the girls while we spent some alone time at a bed and breakfast. It was right on the water, when the tide was in it came right up to the cement patio wall. Our room looked right out onto the sound. We had a huge sliding glass door window onto our own private deck (which we didn't use because it was so cold). We had our own wood (gas) stove, feather bed, down comforter, and two person soaking tub. We did basically nothing. We played games, read, watched movies, took naps. It rained most of the time and that was perfect because we didn't really want to go anywhere. We ate the most amazing breakfasts and went out for dinner and brought dessert back to our room. To all of you single kids this might sound incredibly boring, however as soon as you have three kids that keep you running around constantly, you'll know it was heaven.

Mike left Thursday and luckily we have had quite a bit to fill in our time. Mom and Ellynn and I took Sadie and Ellyn snowshoeing on Friday. Saturday was Bennett's princess dress up, birthday, tea party. It was a smashing success. Meagan did a fabulous job. Meagan informed me half an hour before I was supposed to come down to help that she wanted me to wear my homecoming dress from my junior year in high school. Yes, hot pink, bubble skirt, tighter than who knows what, but that baby still fit. However, it was pretty dang short (more room taken up going around me , instead of hanging down. Plus it was short to begin with.) so I was hiking up my g's the whole party. Good thing it was eight little four and five year olds.

Sadie is not cooperating with laying down for a Sunday nap. She has come up with every excuse in the book for getting out of bed and I am about to beat her. I didn't really eat dinner last night- just junk food while we were playing games. Never do that the night before fast sunday. My arm looks pretty tempting right this minute. It's been so fun reading over the blogs. Jess and Tony, I'm so excited for your new house. Tell Leash I miss her on here. Chels and Lyd I appreciate your input. Except I didn't like reading about the food right now. It was torture. I love you all. I'm off to put my daughter that loves to disobey and my own tired self down for a sunday nap. Take care all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home