Monday, February 19, 2007

ColoradoBennett

Comments are sure fun. Have we ever seen so much of cory on this here blog? That video mike posted was funny. It was even funnier watching Adam and Geof. laugh their heads off as they watched the video.
I was in charge of the Joy School field trip today. It was a free day at the Denver Botanical Gardens, so we went there. The gardens were dead, and ugly, and mostly covered in snow. I was sure glad I didn't pay to get in there. But they had a tropical room indoors and the girls got to plant peanuts in little planters to bring home. When I woke up this morning a thought came in my mind that I needed to call one of the 12 year-old YW who has a crappy home life and see if she wanted to join us for the day. When I called she was still asleep and the way her grandmother screamed at her to wake up and answer the phone was terrifying. Of course she eagerly accepted the invitation and we had a great time with her. Poor girl, she doesn't even know to use deodorant, even though Sister Snyder tried to talk to her about it. At one point in the car, Kaia (who has a very sensitive nose and gag reflex) started saying "Lourdes smells bad." Hopefully I was successful in distracting Lourdes before she heard that rude little mumble.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Mindi, I wish I could have seen Geof. and Ad. I'm sorry about your yw, how blessed we all are in this family.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Meags said...

it is hard to believe that there are homes where children are not respected. i'm sure they are loves in some way, but there is no respect. the saddest part is that it just keeps going from one generation to the next. unless someone can brake the chain. like what you are doing for that girl, showing her what a loving kind family should be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home