Sunday, February 18, 2007

povo to virginia?

well team thanks for the support. I have been in St. Louis off and on for the past two and a half months. i can't fully describe the emotions i've flowed through on a daily basis. I really had a terrible dual with my mind. the training was overwhelming and vague. i often courted self doubt as there were a lot of people who weren't making it through the program. perhaps I went through this flight program to teach me faith, humility, what's important, and how to pray. I had a check ride on saturday. if i didn't pass it i was out. i went to the check ride and the examiner asked me if i was going to throw up. i said maybe. we went into the sim and i flew the plane did some landings. we landed the last time and parked. he said well geof. you passed. what's funny is that night i flew to denver and adam and i went to see the pursuit of happiness. well the end of that show is how i felt. i really don't know what will happen with this job but just to be able to say i passed felt very good. i hated the experience but also recognize that it was a oportunity for darla and me to grow. i really hate being away from my family i'm sure you all do. hopefully i'll get a specific schedule soon. anyway i'm tired and am glad that it's over. i really don't know how i would have gotten through this without the prayers and support of family. thank you. thank you.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Geoffie- you are awesome and I love you. I've always said that couples that have never been apart have never experienced such lows, but they have never experienced the amazing high of being together again either. The wonderful thing about an eternal marriage is knowing that any separation is only a moment in time and you can stay strong together even when you are apart. It definetely takes a great deal of faith in the Lord and prayer, both to accomplish what it is you have to do while apart and to comfort you while you're alone.

I hope your move goes well. I hope you love the South. I adore it. Maybe we'll take a space A flight and come see you while we're here.

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Adam said...

is Virginia really considered the south

and Yes i went to "pursuit of happiness" with geof and I would kind of relate it to watching a sex scene in a movie with mom sitting next to you, only for 2 hours. i kept thinking to myself i wonder if geof thinks this is a story about me, and my question was answered as i look over at geof at the end of the movie and see tears welling up in his eyes. me being the emotional shoulder for any one to lean on now wishes like anything i went to see breach instead

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Meags said...

adam's description of watching that movie with geof. was too funny. geof., i cant wait to here what is your next fun adventure. i

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home