Thursday, February 15, 2007

Comments

Family, I think it is time we branch out and use the comment option on our blog. The Stinchfields started using it quite some time ago and at first I was against it. I would always forget to check but it is a nice way to answer little questions, make a comment without committing to a full blog. You can have little mini discussions on the side and then you aren't trying to remember everything that you wanted to address in the blog. So all you do is click on the comments thing down below the posting and a little box appears, you write, and then publish.

Meagan, I'm holding you fully responsible for the first comment. Just because I can and you know I love you more than my luggage.

So let me tell you. I feel TERRIBLE. I'm not really starting on the nausea stuff yet, just the hollow empty stomach yucky feeling, a cold, and three hours of sleep two nights in a row. Mike goes to the field for two weeks next week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. I have been completely useless today. Okay, at least for the past three hours.

Funny stories. Ellyn can turn door handles now. I laid her down for a nap this afternoon and about ten minutes later she was coming down the stairs happy as a clam. We traded Mike's office and Ellyn's and Sadie's room this weekend and moved Ellyn out of her crib. She absolutely loves her bed, last night after scriptures she took my hand and led me up to her room. She is totally happy staying there once she wakes up during the night, as long as I'm there. She is staying very happy on half doses of her meds and it is helping her fall asleep. Now that she is starting to get used to it I'm going to try to give her the other half again when she wakes up and maybe she won't be so groggy. Supposedly a certain amount of tolerance is built up. What a roller coaster and I am so sure you are all bored to death hearing about it. This is kind of my vent and you all have to suffer.

Okay the other funny story, as implied by "stories" before I went off on my sleep tangent. The other night we had one of the families Mike home teaches over for dinner and she brought little no-bake cheesecakes. Well after dessert I cleared all the plates and noticed that Sadie had barely touched hers and thought that was just as well. When the family left they wanted me to keep some and I said I would eat them all but I would save one for Jane's lunch. Later I was upstairs getting Ellyn ready for bed and I could hear both girls arguing over the remaining cheesecake. Mike quickly interjected and Jane's precious cheesecake was set aside. The next morning as Jane was eating breakfast I explained to her that Sadie had not been trying to steal her cheesecake but that I had cleared hers from very near that same spot and thrown it away. After Jane left for school I noticed the cheesecake on the counter with a note saying "For Sadie, Love Jane." It was so cute. I gave Sadie the cheesecake lunch and told her the same story I had told Jane, that I had thrown away her cheesecake and Jane felt badly and had left it home for Sadie. Sadie was darling, she said "Oh, I thought she had eaten the fruit off (plain vs.cherry topping)." Pretty soon Sadie comes to the table with a piece of paper and asks me how to spell "for" and then she writes a "J" and asks how to spell the rest of Jane's name and then she writes her own. She puts the paper in the center of the table and goes and gets the cheesecake and places it next to the paper. When Jane got home from school Sadie happily took her to the table. There were big hugs and then Jane suggested they split the cheesecake and it was quickly devoured. Such a "precious moment" for a mom. I thought I'd write it down so that later in life they will know what good kids they were.

Okay I have to go make dinner. I just tried to heat up my crockpot on the stove because we ended up going out to dinner last night and it shattered. I really did think it was a bit more sturdy than that, it was just reheating some BBQ chicken. I'm an idiot. So now I'm going to try the Meagan method for dinner. Wish me luck.

Brooke

6 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger beecher fam said...

two words...micro wave (i know it's one, but two sounded better. i don't think i have ever heard of someone putting their crockpot on the stove. like i have always said there is no one like my sister brooke. hey and do you realize that you could be having grand children before ellynn is done having children.

 
At 1:54 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Shut up. It probably wasn't the smartest idea. I know that if Jane gets married and starts having kids at the same age I did then I could be a grandma in twelve years. That is very disturbing.

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Brooke, I think it is perfectly logical that you wanted to use your crockpot as a saucepan. I wish I could do all my cooking in one pot, my Dutch Oven.
Also, I misled everyone with my "cooking dinner for the exchange students every night for the last year" comment. We only really have to feed them a few times a week, not too hard (if you ask Adam).

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Thank you Mindi, that is exactly how I feel. I really did think it would withstand the heat just for reheating.

A few times a week is still alot, I'm not even going to go into what husbands think is not a big deal. Good thing we like them.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Brooke, you're hilarious. My family (well, my sister and Geof.) make fun of me all the time for things I do and say. I don't want to think of myself as an "airhead" exactly, but when things happen, such as what happened to you...people always reply with, "oh, that's so like Darla". And then I wonder, "what's so like me?" You're adorable and I would have done the same thing. I feel sick about your whole exhaustion, pre-nausea pregnancy thing. And then to know your probably not getting much sleep at all. Oh Brookie! I wish I was close by!

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Darling Darla, I wish you were nearby too. We would have so much fun. I have had two nights of pretty good sleep and I am very happy about that. I have felt so much better. Although I just about lost it when I walked into my downstairs bathroom today and the door had been closed for a couple of hours, the vanilla candle scent killed me. It's now in the trash.

I always get "that's so Brooke." Truthfully, in many ways I think I'm a fairly intelligent person. I mean I do have a genius IQ and all (which I have to constantly remind my husband of) but I really do and say the stupidest things. Truthfully that IQ test was done in like kindergarten or something but it makes me feel better.

I'm so happy for you guys-as stated in my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home