Thursday, October 11, 2007

ColoradoBennett

I just sent out a bunch of emails to have my friends and family join TeamMitt.com. I went with my dad yesterday to a "Ask Mitt Anything" event at Denver University. I was so impressed. I'm impressed with his back ground, his career, and his ideas for America. There was a gay DU student who asked what Mitt would do as president for the gay communities. Mitt responded that he would treat them like all other Americans, that all his plans for improving America would effect all, but that he absolutely believes that marriage is between a man and women. He said that he has a gay member on his cabinet in MA right now and said something to the effect of them being friends. The student must have grabbed the mic for a follow up question and Mitt agreed to take it. The student said, "You just played the 'gay friend card' but still didn't make it clear why it isn't discrimination to say that marriage is only between a man and a women." The crowd was tense, but Mitt handled it so well. The next question came from a law student who just returned from serving in Iraq. He asked what Romney would do for the soldiers coming home from this war. What Mitt said next brought tears to my eyes. I can't remember it word for word but essentially he said those serving in the war right now are true heroes and should be treated as such when they get home. That there needs to be increased funding to support them, both in the war and when they return. I could go on, but I'll spare you. Here are a few pics from the event. Here I am shaking Mitt's hand, all you can see is my head, but I have the hair bow to prove that it is me. Then a shot of my dad. I'm also thinking of joining the paparazzi because I'm so good with the camera under pressure...ha ha.


1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Blogger Kenn said...

Mindi,

I have Mitt's stickers on my car now. Ready to put up my yard sign. We are contributing to his campaign and hope he goes all the way. Glad to hear you were very pleased with his address. R/ Kenn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home