Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adventures in Edward

for those of you who don't know, my car's name is Edward Lexington IV. He is everybit as high class and hoity toity as he sounds. okay so he's a 17 year old grandma car (although adam did say that the fact that he has duel exhaust makes him not a grandma car). But he truly is the love of my life, second only to Jason of course. this past week jason and i have been debating trying to sell Edward, his jeep or both. the jeep runs great and so does Edward really but he has some minor issues such as the a/c going out. so i've been stuck driving a maroon car in the dead heat, pregnant. i don't like to be hot anyway but being pregnant and still being sick magnifies this by roughly 12,000. i take edward in to get an estimate on getting the a/c fixed. long story longer, my compresser went out. the part is so old it's really difficult and expensive to get your hands on one. in fact the difference between getting that part and putting in a whole new a/c system is only about $9. so all tolled it would cost about 22 to 25 hundred dollars! i kindly thanked the man and told him that instead of having the work done i would pick up the car and drive it off a cliff.
okay so that's the first and worst part.
part II i go to get my tires rotated and balanced. Last time i went in to do this, they told me my back tires were shot and i needed to replace them. I called Jason, he wasn't happy but we did it. this time i go in and they see a bubble on the front right tire that they claim is gonna go. Fine replace it. i come back an hour later and they tell me that they found that my front left tire was separating so they already put a new tire on there would i like to replace that one too or have them put the old one back on? oh hell's bells! leave it! so now i have 2 new tires. i didn't want to call Jason this time so i just sent him a text and it's a good thing too cuz he was even more upset than last time about the whole thing. Luckily the oil change went smoothly and now the real test will be to see if Edward makes it to washington. If not, i think my husband might make me walk there to teach me a lesson. he's already very tempted to make me drive the thing all the way there through the idaho heat with no a/c. good thing i know he's way too nice and his mom would kill him!

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger Jane said...

if you have a belly you need to post some pics. sorry bout' your car

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home