Sunday, August 09, 2009

Aaahhh!

I am finally breathing a deep and satisfying sigh of relief. Today is over, the week is over. Not that I am anxious for next week to begin, no, I'm not ready for school to start on Wednesday. Uh uh, not at all. But... this past week....

Today I had to give a talk AND teach Young Womens AFTER doing the activity Wednesday night. Toss on top of that registering Sadie at her new school, school supply shopping, closing out our old house (FINALLY- scheduling conflicts), interviewing and trying out a new Respite person for Ellyn because Rebecca thinks she needs to move to another country and have an adventure:), and knowing that Saturday morning you have a ten mile run and that is the farthest you've ever gone and you put that all together and well, let's just say it wasn't a "feeling right at ease" sort of week.

The Low Down
I think my talk went well, okay I'm faking humility. My talk went very well. I can say that, I worked hard on it, I prayed about it, Mike made fun of how stressed I was about it, but I'm much more comfortable being uber prepared when it comes to speaking in front of large crowds. It's to make up for all those years of finishing talks with a pen and a program during the sacrament hymn. I was nervous, sick to my stomach nervous and it didn't help when the Stake President "joined us on the stand." A woman in our ward came up to me after Sacrament Meeting was over and asked if I could email her a copy of one of my quotes. I told her just to take the page it was on that I had it saved on my computer (I write out every word, it helps me memorize what I'm going to say and then when I need to I can look down), then about two minutes later she came back and asked if, since I had it on my computer, she could just take the whole thing. I know, I know, I sound like I'm boasting. I'm not, I'm sharing in all humility. It was funny and kind of flattering.

Lesson in Young Women went fine, no hitches.

Our run yesterday was fabulous. I was sick to my stomach nervous about that too. We went to bed at 1:00 am Friday night after staying up late and playing games, then we were back up at 5:20. So not my time of day. The run was beautiful. I downloaded an audio book to listen to along the way and the time just flew by. I had two issues, 1. when I needed to go to the bathroom REALLY badly and there was NOWHERE to go until Mike spotted a biffy at a house that was being built and I hopped the fence and sprinted across the yard (honestly there weren't even bushes to hide in, I'm not afraid). and B. the last mile we had to run back across the golf course and joggers are supposed to be off the course by 7:30 and it was 7:25 and mile 10 and Mike was encouraging me to go faster (very nicely by the way, I LOVED running with him). I was pretty certain my legs were going to fall off. So we averaged a 10:40 pace. Slow for Mike, just fine by me. I am incredibly grateful to my good husband for sacrificing and staying with his slow wife. I don't think I could do it without him.

The kids are awesome. Ellyn has had some off days, not unhappy if she's getting her way, just entirely unwilling to leave the couch. She doesn't even want to go to the table to eat. It has been tricky. I am anxious to get the all clear sign from the orthopedist on Tuesday and really work on getting her moving again. School will be a good thing. AND, if I haven't mentioned it, she is going to be getting swim therapy. I am thrilled about that. Luckily the kid still loves going in the car.

Jane and Sadie are both getting excited for school to start again. A little excitement, a little nerves- those back to school jitters you just can't avoid. Jane is determined to work really hard starting now, to get good grades, go to High School, go to BYU, and then do their nursing program. I think it is a great idea, good goal to work toward. Sadie is still acting very grown up, even with Jane at home. It has really been enjoyable and I am anxious to see how she fares at school this year with her new TUDE.

Sawyer is Sawyer. He is now scooting the step stool around the kitchen enabling him to reach counters, cupboards, and food items that I do not want him to reach (i.e. the bag of M&Ms we use for positive reinforcement for Ellyn). He thinks he is so clever, and he is.

Mike is doing well, homework is not completely consuming his life like it once was. It's been nice. We've been able to play some games, go on a few runs, spend time with a couple of friends, normal happy family stuff. His glasses did decide to suddenly break this week (no, really, just broke right on his face) and that has stressed him out. The only day for appts. is also his busiest day at school.

Wow, novella. That's okay. Journal, family history, recording our ordinary lives. There it is- with a disproportionate amount all about moi. But I'm the authoress so that's the way it goes.
Blog out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home