Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Full, 1/2, 5 K Training!

Hey guys! I just realized that our 12 week training program for this Provo Marathon that Mindi posted about started THIS WEEK! I know there are a lot of us that want to do this so i thought we could train together kinda, through the blog. Start like a support group type thing to encourage each other. Plus i think it will help us all stick to our goal. Like they always say, performance improves when we have to report on it, right? RIGHT!
i'm probably the worst off out of all of you. I have A LOT of weight to lose and A LOT of mileage to build up so even if you don't want to do this for yourselves, do it for ME because you LOVE ME! and it's my birthday in one week!! AND it's SPRING! there is no better time to start running than in the spring.
so here's the link that Mindi posted: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
This program has your long runs on Sunday so i just switched it so i rest on Sundays and then my long run is on tuesdays. That's just what i did. You do what works for you. I'm really excited about this guys! "If we all work together, together it will all work out!" name that movie.




5 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

Oh my goodness, I love my Ellynn. I will not be training, but I am here to support your efforts!

(My favorite part of the post was all the differently colored, highlighted words... now I know it's importnant!) AGH! I can't wait to see you!

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Meags said...

That is a great plan. Not too overwelming but gets the job done. I will have to pick up where I can when this baby ever decides to come out. I did three and a half today. I do that every day, and nothing more. Hopefully I won't have to take too much time off after the wee one comes.

 
At 4:33 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Colored and highlighted! You are serious. I have no idea what movie your quote is from. I tried to cheat and google it, but only found links to Romans 8:28

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Elly, I got your message and I am ready to rock it. I think that it will be a great idea to encourage each other via the blog. I love you!

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Meags said...

bradie bunch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home