Thursday, January 10, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said! One time when Mom and I were talking, she said she wondered when her trials were going to start. I couldn't believe that she would say something like that. If you look back on her very short life, losing her husband of six weeks, losing her only baby boy at 9 months, having a minor surgery go so very wrong, then having that come back to haunt her and finally end her life, having her second husband walk out on her leaving her with 4 very young daughters, having to raise them all on her own and then dying so young. If she wondered when her trials were going to begin, I guess that I'm a real wimp because I don't think that I could have done half of what she did, and she never complained! I'm with Joan and have always felt cheated that we lost her so young. I was Alicia's age when Mom died. One would think that you would need your Mom when you are young and start with babies, but just about anyone can help you with that time of your life. It is when they get older that things get harder. No one there to ask what you should do if this, that or the other happens. You can't tell anyone but your Mom what great kids, grandkids or husband you have and have them understand. You can only tell your Mom about all the great things that they do and have them as excited as you are about it and not bragging! And then there are the heart aches, that only a Mom can understand! On thing about Mom leaving us so young is that she didn't have to go through this getting old crap! As we watch Reed in his last days, I decided that I would much rather have my body go before my mind. Her leaving so quickly was very hard on us, but it was good for her. Don't get me wrong I think 20 more years or more would have been better!Mom wouldn't have been good at asking for help, she never would, she always did it on her own. I just hope that she looks down and see what she has done. "The Sisters", our families, I am so proud of all of you and I know that Mom gets to tell Grandma and they are so proud of us also!! Love you Mom!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Incredible woman.

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Joan said...

I have to agree, my life has been a breeze compared to hers. I remember her taking us shopping for school once, at sears and started crying because she had us but so much, I thought for sure she was going to go to jail! She was so good with her money. I remember her dad taught her if you always gave 10 percent to The Lord and save 10 percent to savings she would always be fine. She walked into her marriage with les and saved his house on 'the hill' with her savings. She's up in heaven working her tail off, as always! (I know there are errors in this but it won't let me go back on my phone!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home