Friday, June 24, 2005

ColoradoBennett-Testimony

Adam spent the night in Granby last night and I was home alone with the girls. By nature I'm easily spooked and I really miss my big, strong, protective husband next to me in bed. Before retiring, I was doing some research for our Joseph Smith themed primary activity on Saturday. I ran into a few anti-Mormon links and it really shook me. I had this creepy little feeling enter my mind, saying "What if they are right and you are wrong." I was alone and I was upset. I wondered how could someone like myself who tries so stinking hard to live my religion be shaken so easily by things like Josephlied.com, etc. I prayed for strength and went to bed thinking about how I would tell Adam that I wasn't even sure the Church was right any more. Immediately after having that thought my soul kicked in and I was gently reminded that I knew it was true. To the point that all dark thoughts fled and I peacefully fell asleep knowing that I was living right and could rest assured that Joseph Smith did not lie. This morning I read the following quote by Joseph Fielding Smith: "It is the duty...of all the members of this Church to search these revelations and commandments [the Doctrine and Covenants] that we might know them...If we will study them, if we will put them into practice, if we will keep the commandments of the Lord, we will know the truth and there shall be no weapon formed against us that shall prosper. There shall be no false doctrines, no teaching of men that will deceive us. There are many cults and many false faiths, there are many strange ideas in the world, but if we will search these revelations then we will be fortified against errors and we will be made strong. False teachings will have no effect upon us for we will know that truth which makes us free." I just finished a booked called "Make your Mark in the Scriptures: the Doctrine and Covenants & The Pearl of Great Price" by Mark R. Hale and I really recommend it. Well, Kaia is really upset that I'm typing instead of feeding her...

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger David B. said...

I was grateful to see your testimony. I have been blogging for about 6 months now. I too have family related blogs to help far-flung family members stay in contact. We are also in the process of starting a family history blog as well.

I have tried on several occasions to find other active LDS bloggers. Most of the time when I make these kinds of searches, I find entries written by anti-mormons, doubters, and less active members with an axe to grind.

It was really refreshing to read of your experience, and also to hear your testimony. For some reason, active church members haven't caught -on to blogging in large numbers yet. (Maybe because they are so busy with their families, and church callings?)

Keep up the good work, and feel free to drop by my site, if you would like. My main blog is called The Whole Note.

- David Carpenter

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home