Wednesday, September 28, 2005

potty trained- too soon for Darla?

Okay...so not to sound ungrateful or anything...but this potty training thing is starting to get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, surprisingly Cole is doing wonderfully and has only had a few accidents when we've been out out and we forget to ask him if he wants to go. I don't know, I guess I'm just lazy. Who knew kids peed that much in their diaper? I swear, it's like every 15 minutes that he's olding himself and running to the potty. And 2 out of 3 times he's going #2 as well. Poor Cole. We used to get so excited...we'd clap and scream "yeah Cole!" and give him a sticker for peeing and a cookie for pooping. (I'm sure Lydia, Chelsea, Jessica and any others without kids are loving this). Now when he runs to the toilet I holler, "don't poop Cole!". I'm serious! I hate cleaning out that stupid toilet. I try to get him on the big toilet as much as possible but many times I'm tied down nursing Dayne and he just has to run in there by himself. So now he's tried taking on the task of cleaning out the toilet himself which turned out to be a very bad idea. He got yelled at by both mom and dad while in the process which resulted in hurt feelings and lots of tears (especially when Geof. does it). He still asks for "dickers" (stickers Adam!) but we no longer give him cookies because it's getting a little out of control how often he pushes himself to go. Anyway, enough of that. I think the Lord just knew how much I dreaded this process and made it surprisingly easy for me and for that I'm grateful. Good luck Mind and Meags. I've heard a lot of kids have problems pooping in the toilet..myself included. I hate it when that water splashes back up on my....okay, gotta run. Darla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home