Friday, January 27, 2006

bg me

monday night we were babysitting brooke’s girls, so we went to the church to play in the gym for f h e while mom and dad did their cleaning assignment.  It was great fun.  Cor gave hazel whiplash, playing soccer with her in his arms and he bounced the ball off of baby Ellyn’s head, so he’s not the so good with the babies.  But the rest of the kids loved it when he chucked the ball at them sending them flying across the gym.  Bennett stayed and helped mom and dad finish and we went home to meet brooke and get jack in bed for school. he was so upset.  He wanted at spend the night with g’ma and pa too.  He hates school and he hates going to bed and he hates… the list goes on.  He asks me what he was going to get to do to make it fair.  I said he could read some verses during family scriptures.  He was so excited, thought that was a great trade off.  How long do you think something that good will last?  But now he reads one verse every night and it makes him and us so happy.  At one point it said “Eternal Father”, he had sounded out ‘eternal’ but could not figure out ‘father’.  He said, man I wish that said ‘life’.  He is so smart.  I love how the gospel just becomes part of their everyday lives.  Up at allen’s the other night he built a city out of legos and he told Linda first it was Jerusalem, then it was Bethlehem.  Then she was showing them this world map and pointing out deserts, then the red sea and jack and ben said, “that’s where moses made the water go swoosh!”  I want Linda to see all the good things kids are learning and they are showing her without us even prompting them.  Cory has always said that they will be the key to his families conversion, not that it seems to be working yet, but at least the babies are planting little seeds.  

Darla thank you for the complements, I think my babies are pretty dang cute too.  Yours aren’t too bad either!!  Mind, love the pictures, it’s been a long time since anyone has put any on.  They always liven things up.  Jess, where are you going on your cruise?  I am so jealous it’s not even funny.  I want sunshine so badly I could cry!!  Sometimes I do.  The clouds were somewhat thin for a minute this morning, so I stuck my face in the window and just stood there for a moment soaking it all in.  I think Bennett thought I had lost my mind.  Haven’t had time for light therapy as of late.  It’s either work out my big boody or lay in a bed doing nothing.  I just don’t have enough minutes in the day.  

Last night I was putting vim to bed and he was crying that he wanted to watch lost.  I love how my children are addicted to tv.  Jackson cleaned my whole house for me the other day.  I asked him to straighten his room and he did the whole house.  Made all the beds and everything.  I tell you six year olds are great.  Too bad he can’t be a six year old girl, because then I wouldn’t have to do anything at all.  I figure at the rate bennett’s going I will be able to hand all responsibility over to her within two years.  

Well this blog has taken me all day to write and I promised to make the kids peach cobbler.  I bet you all wish were here.  Even you rigby girls could pick out the peaches if you wanted.  I’m tricking the kiddos.  They want to stay up late tonight, but we are going snowshoeing in the morning so I just had them get in their jammies at 5:30, so by the time it’s 9:00 it will seem really late.  Aren’t I sneaky!!

                                                                      Blog to your blog…….me  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home