Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm Going to Hollywood

Yes, that's the catch phrase around here as of late. Sadie puts her hands on her chest, closes her eyes and with all the attitude of a three year old says, "I'm going to Hollywood." Too funny. The first night she did it Jane and I made her say it about 50 times while we were rollin' with tears in our eyes. Needless to say, my kids love American Idol as well. Jane and Sadie try out for me on all the commercials. Jane sings Hillary Duff and Sadie sings ABBA. Crazy kids. Jane had me try out for her the other day in the car on the way to school. Then she took turns being Paula, Randy, and Simon. She kept telling me she really liked my vocal chords. I was dying. TV or not, it has been a bonding experience.

So besides that, Meagan asked all my questions for me. Please read and answer. Jess, I was so happy a year and a half ago when I bought my new couches and then we found out the water heater at our house in Oklahoma had to be replaced. There wasn't anything I could do about giving the couches back, and I adore them. If it had happened the other way around I would have never let myself get my couches. Now I want a new bedroom suite so badly I could die. Mike keeps telling me to wait till we get to Germany and look there first. I'm sure this is good advice, I'm just not the most patient person in the world and I want the whole house set up prefectly for him when he gets there.

Ellyn has had two ear infections this week. One after she had been on antibiotics for over twenty four hours. The doctor has referred me to an ENT (he's worried they will become chronic) which I am very happy about because Mike and I wanted her hearing and ears checked more thuroughly(sp?). I felt terrible the other night though, she was up for about 3 hours, screaming for a good forty five minutes. I was going to call Leash first thing in the morning and borrow "Demons Out, My Child is Posessed." But when I went in to wake her up there was the second ear draining. There is always a reason my kids start screaming in the night and I never fully comprehend it till the next morning. I just carry them and pat them like a walking zombie.

I have to get them out of the tub now, besides, this little plastic stool I'm sitting on by the bathroom sink is killing my butt. I love you all.

P.S. Lyd, you should just postpone your trip. Come over with me and be a mommy's helper for the summer. No pay of course- way too poor to be able to actually afford a mommy's helper, but you would have room and board and you could help me paint my whole house-we could do so many cool things to the girls' rooms- provided I get the military housing. Come on, Germany for several weeks with a few side trips. Think about it.

Blog out, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home