Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sorry so long no blog

I'm sorry it has been so long since I've been on here. I only have an excuse for the last few days. The power adapter on my computer went out and I had to run down to Portland to get a new one. At least it hasn't been like two months like my dear sweet cousin Alicia who I miss dearly.

Let's see, where to start? I spent several days of cleaning and organizing after Mike left. I had six million phone calls to make, paper work, dr. appts., etc... that I had put off for the three weeks of Mike's visit. I still have more to do, but I've made a dent. Ellyn's therapy takes up alot of our week. Plus, I've decided that I really needed to put in a more concentrated effort to play with her with all of her little developmental toys. She needs some guidance and I don't want to rely exclusively on the therapists. I know that seems like common sense to most of you but around here it is very difficult to find down time. Especially since Ellynn got home, there are always about 10-15 extra people at the house, places to go, phone calls to Mike, trying to fit in laundry and homework and everything else. It's been a bit overwhelming but also fun.

Today Ellynn gave her homecoming talk in church, which was absolutely fabulous and then my sisters and mom and I sang. I brought Sadie and Ellyn home right after sacrament meeting because they both have goopy eyes and I figured they wouldn't be welcome in class.

Yesterday we had an Activity Days surprise breakfast. I went around and kidnapped 7 girls and took them over to the other leader's house where two more vans met us for a total of 16 girls. The highpoint was driving the Pilot while all seven were singing Hillary Duff at the top of their lungs. I can't believe I have all girls, this is just going to continue, and probably get worse. Yikes. Of course I was totally exhausted because we had been playing games at our friend's house until after midnight the night before, so I got a little nap in yesterday afternoon.

Jane took a tumble off her horse Wednesday night. She eventually stopped by hooking her leg onto the fence. It's all a bit hazy, but that's how she ended up. She has bruises all over her leg and some strained muscles. She couldn't put any weight on it Thursday night at all. I was afraid she was going to have to miss yet another day of school (she missed a few while Mike was here), but the next day was a snow day. Luckily the instructor's husband is a family doctor and so he checked her out before we left. You can only imagine the drama that has been involved with this whole episode, the pain that comes on conveniently when there is a job to do, the amazing numbers of people that know the story within minutes of being near Jane. I have to say that she really is being sincere about the pain, most of the time, because it wakes her up in the night and we have to give her more advil. Also, she is very brave about riding again. She is already talking about next week's lesson (0n a calmer horse, Nancy is a bit spirited).

Sadie is switching ballet lessons. The woman in our ward that was teaching her kept flaking out at the last minute. Once, we were in her driveway with Mike ready to watch. Sadie lives for her ballet class. She wears her outfit all day, talks about it all week. Two hours before, two minutes before, just doesn't cut it. So...we have her all set up at a real school here in town, you know, for the whole four months we have left here. Besides that Sadie is great. She really had a spell of acting out after Mike left and talks about going to get him every day, but she is settling back into a calmer, more obedient Sadie and I am grateful.

Ellyn is doing well. All her therapists love her. I think the biggest challenge for both of us is when I have to leave her and she's crying and I feel like crying. But she only cries for a minute or two and then has a great time for the rest of the time. She is making progress, baby steps, which I detail to Mike proudly every time he calls. She is such a sweet loving baby. Yesterday she was singing "The wheels on the bus." No real words, but sounds and rhythm, with the Shh, Shh, Shh part in between. It was very cute. We visited a developmental pediatrician this week and he says we are doing everything right. He wants to run blood tests on all her enzymes to see if anything turns up, but he says she doesn't really fit into any specific category. We are also going to have her eyes checked as soon as the referral comes in because she keeps moving to sit directly in front of the tv, she stares at the lights alot, and a few other reasons too long to explain.

Anyway, I know reading this you are all jealous of my life. It is just way too exciting. I hope you are all doing well. Geof., I hope you continued to survive the day without Darla. It was good to talk to you. Mom and dad and Ellynn leave a week from tomorrow to go pick up Brind. How exciting is that? This house is already crazy. I can't even imagine. It's good though, it makes the time go by. Can't wait to be back with Mike, we are officially over half way done. I wish it was more, but what can you do? I love reading all your blogs. I love you all so much. Have a fabulous day. love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home