Thursday, June 26, 2008

Okay, hopefully this is cool with everyone

My friend Megan had a very cool link to leeloublogs on her website. She has really cool backgrounds. This one seemed kind of vintage, you know, like our moms:), okay, like our grandma's era. I really liked it. My only problem is that she wants a link put to her site on each blog that uses her background and for some stupid reason I can't get it to transfer correctly. Would one of you more savvy computer nerds do it for me? Aunt Jack, I hope this doesn't bother you, it's in the same color scheme! If it bugs we can take it off.

We are all doing well here. I have to share with everyone that we still don't have our stupid orders but we are supposed to on Monday. If we don't Mike has given me full permission to raise hell. I always hesitate when Army is concerned/ Mike's job, reputation etc... So frustrating, but nothing new.

We have two dogs now. Two yorkies. I don't want to hear it. They are cute, they don't shed, they have each other to wear out and then they are mellow around the kids. Yes, it will be a pain in the butt during the move but after that we should be good.

Kids are great. Jane is dying because everyone is moving to Washington. I just feel incredibly lucky that we will only be 11 hours away. That is amazing considering the last 12 years we have lived days and days away. It will be SWEET!! If we ever get there.

Funny story- I went with the kids to H&M the other day to get a bikini top to go under my swimsuit. I have a more than ample chest right now and my friend Amy says that my swimsuit (when I'm not wearing a tank top over the top, which I was) says "I want action" more than "modest mormon mom." So... until I am done nursing I am going for the layered look. Anyway, went to get a top. Tons of bikini tops on hangers covering one wall. Sadie looks around and says, "okay what size?" I look down and Sadie has both her hands spread out over my "chest" "okay, this size." And she walks away with bear paw hands to find the perfect top. Jane and I were dying.

I have a mosquito bite somewhere on my ear. It hurts, I look like Hitch or some wrestler with cauliflower ear.

It is very hot and very humid here. We have two fans running in our family room almost all day every day. It's still beautiful though. Yesterday Ellyn's respite person came with me so I could take the kids to the pool. I had a pleasant surprise. Ellyn can push off the bottom now and with floaties on she swims like a little fish. She kicked herself all over the pool. It was awesome. Now I can take the kids by myself. I will post some pics that Suzanne took of all of us later.

Well it's late. I have been trying to wake up early and get stuff done for the move while the house is cool and the kids are asleep. Sawyer and Ellyn were both doing a great job sleeping through the night- until last night.

Ellynn, I'm sorry about Edward. When I first read your title my mind immediately jumped to Twilight, am I pathetic? To be fair I had just watched the trailer on Melinda Beechel's blog and a little blurb on my sister in law Tracey's blog. I had Forks on the brain. Mom, I keep forgetting to tell you that I loved The Host. I read it in two nights of staying up till 3 am and reading at stoplights. Jane thought I was crazy. Leash, I loved your blog. I'm sorry about the job stresses. It is amazing how much these gas prices can impact so many. Not amazing in a good way, more in a disconcerting and scary way. I was reading reviews on autos (for my minivan) the other night and I was so sorry for american car companies I was getting a sick stomach. Not sorry enough to not by a Honda though. Well I love you all. Blog out.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Moni said...

I love the new background. And just to make you feel better Edward from Twilight came to my mind too. I am so glad to hear that Ellynn is swimming. Yeah! What a great milestone. Love much.

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Meags said...

brooke i love the back ground. yes vintage just like our little mommies. i just i hope i look as hot as them when i am vintage. ps i want a dog. maybe i will just steal one of yours.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home