Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Grand Tour...

Ladies and Gentlemen, by popular demand, we give you our new house....


A few notes... we have a TV on our coffee table and a VCR on the couch because I was feeling so sick one night I couldn't fall asleep... and when I finally emerged from our bedroom that next morning, I found Brind had lugged them out of the garage and set them up in the living room. I thought one TV was sufficient in the living room so I asked what they were doing there and he said, "I know you're feeling crummy, so I thought you might want to watch Beauty and the Beast." Its my very favorite comfort movie and we only have it on VHS. He kills me! What a sweetheart! And Violet's room has a couch in it because.... well, there's no place else to put the couch. Ah...um... her room is still a work in progress. (She won't be here for six more weeks, thats enough time to make a nursery, right?)

Thank you to everyone who helped us get our new place in order! As you can see we're having so much fun playing house ;) We love you - Julia and Brind

PS. If you didn't catch Brind's subtle hint in the video, I picked the paint color for our bedroom based SOLELY on its name. Porpoise. So when people ask us, "Was your room that color when you moved in?" We can reply, "No, we painted it this color on porpoise." On a more serious note, I would never ever ever recomend buying paint just for the name... no matter how funny it is.

5 Comments:

At 2:31 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Oh I just loved that video!! I teared up, really. Everything looks great. I loved hearing Brind's voice and commentary. That shoe collection is out of this world. You do know they just fall off all the time, right? No, no, just kidding. The girl must have her shoes. Ahhh, the transition from no kids to one is the most magical (and the most difficult). You will most certainly be wonderful parents!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Meags said...

oh i love the house and the beauty and the beast story. what a sweet heart. i can't believe i haven't been back to see it in person. (it's just that i bring a circus everywhere i go!) we can't wait for little violet!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for posting that video. It was great to see your beautiful home and to see my beautiful cousin. Just kidding but really Brinders I don't think I have seen you since your wedding.

Can you believe we only have 6 more weeks!!! I am sure you guys are excited, I am kind of in freak out mode...what will I do with two kids, YIKES!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Awesome tour of the house guys. Very nice abode I am so excited to have little Violet get here. Can I just say that I love my niece's names? My nephew's too for that matter.

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Look at you, two! Playing house..so cute. Geof. and I have never had a place look that good.., or put together. No, never. Congrats on the house and a new baby on the way. Yea!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home