Saturday, February 13, 2010

More snow, bad ski day, and rest for mom.

Jacki,
I'm so glad you are keeping us up to date with what's going on with Lyd. She is in everyone of our prayers. What power!! I think we experience things like this to better understand God's love for us. If we didn't struggle with our kids, or just people in general, we would never get close to comprehending the PURE love of Christ. I can feel that love when I read your posts. Lydia's blessed to have you and Kev (and all of her family!).
I am currently on my back for who knows how long due to a yucky ski fall yesterday that screwed up my knee pretty bad. I had to be taken by ski patrol back up the mountain where they put a make-shift brace on my leg and then we drove home. We were planning on waiting until Monday to go to the Dr. (since the pain had subsided quite a bit. I still couldn't walk at all, but it wasn't keeping me up at night), but decided to call our orthopedic surgeon friend over first thing in the morning because I passed out in the shower while Geof. was trying to help me. Lame!! So scary to wake up with your husband over you screaming your name (I guess he had to slap my face pretty hard to wake me), your daughter crying in the background, and your knee in considerably more pain from having it twisted again. Oh!! Fortunately, we have some good Dr. friends out here that take very good care of us. And a miracle!! We JUST got on our own insurance last week! So if it looks like surgery and physical therapy (please no, but it's very possible), then we'll finally be insured!

And because I'm stuck on my back in bed for who knows how long, I'll have plenty of time to write Lyd. We love you, Lydia!! I hope you can make it through this recovery. (is that the right word?). Your spirit knows you can. You just have to convince your body that the spirit can overcome any physical addictions. I KNOW it can! Just pray. A lot!
love you all,
Darla


4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That can't be fun. You will have to let us know how your doing. Take care!

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I don't think that there is anything worse then a knee being hurt! I hope for the best out come and like there is a chance that you can lay around and rest! Kids always have other ideas for you! Love you!!!

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Jason said...

Oh Darla that is so crappy but i am SO relieved that you guys have insurance! that was my second thought and i could feel Geoffrey's stress emanating all the way from Virginia. i was starting to get ulcers. take care of that knee. DON'T PUSH IT DARLA!!! I love you <3

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Jason said...

uh that was Ellynn but i know jason would say all those same things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home