Tuesday, March 23, 2010

bglife--run

i know that mindi has done a lot more research than i have done on the subject, but i told ellynn that i would write a little about fueling for the big race. well it all starts during the training. eating is part of your training, yay food. you have to train your body to eat before and while you run. the best way to do this is trial and error. this goes for hydration as well. i am also i HUGE fan of shot blocks, choppers, etc. now i have carried a full peanut butter and banana sandwich during a run, but these are much easier. i eat my sandwich before my run. and drink. drink when you are thirsty and if you are like me and sweat more than a fat horse you may need to add some salt/sodium replacement. good luck anyone training for up coming races. i can't wait to get back to my love.......racing. so fun! hopefully there will be a lot of us there in june!
loves...........me

3 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Book smarts vs. experience, experience wins.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Joan said...

You all amaze me! I think it is great that all of you take time for yourself and excerise. It definiately promotes feeling good about yourself. I'm with Mindi, even in biking, experience is the best way to go. Keep up the good work. I am so jealous so here's some advise from me who has worked out pretty much all of my life. Make sure you don't over do it and stretch, stretch, stretch so you don't have an injury. Wish I could run with you! I'll be there to cheer you on!

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Thanks Meagy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home