Monday, September 19, 2005

povo-ca.-povo

This weekend was California dreamin slash nightmare. Not really nightmare. Okay so this student wanted to do some cross country's so I said I'd love to instruct him along the way. We flew out of Provo leaving at about 3 am so we could get in a night cross country. After sitting in this small plane for six hours we touched down in California. Not only are the roads crowded in that state the sky's were full of planes. All the traffic controllers in CA. are about as patient as our mothers in a hurry. Those suckers sure made you feel warm and cozy as they yelled instructions to you. Anywho we landed and visited the guys family. Then his sister took us to a beach near Santa Cruz and I surfed. Not just out there sitting in a wet suit looking rediculously good looking I got up several times and road the waves. The whole time out on the drive I was telling them how good I would be because I'd seen back to the beach, blue crush, endless summer, and whatever dumb surf movie had ever come out. It's kind of a lot like the movies. If you're not local they don't really like you. A guy yelled at us for being near his line etc.. It was awesome I wanted to start calling all the locals howlies and telling them to leave but I didn't want to be drowned. Then we got in the middle of a huge traffic jam and went on the most terrifying car ride of my life post high school. Screaming through tiny housed neighborhoods (each house costing over a million) until we were finally encircled in the loving arms of an in n out burger. It was great. The next day we woke up and flew over Darla and my old place in Folsom, CA.. then we cruised over Lake Tahoe and finally meandered into Provo. I'll post some pictures or a link to some soon. Things are good and crazy. Cole is nearly potty trained and that makes us happy. Dayne loves blowing bubbles which basically just means she spits a lot. We'll blog soon. Jess I have no idea where I'm supposed to be in the reading but I know Mindi know's so lets get a stat Mindi. Blog soon. ps I remember jess and ellynn when they first danced to the song bootylicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home