Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Details

First Cory, I'm super sorry about your grandpa. Kev has a friend who's grandpa died just last week. We're at the funeral and I asked Kev what we were going to do when our family starts passing away. I envision something like Mindi's story. Me collapsing into a pile and not moving for like weeks. Sorry Cor.

Anyway, actually, I really don't remember all the details - but here's the gist of the fight. It was Meags and my first Ed week and I was desperately struggling with LeAnne's 5 dollar a day diet. I'm pretty sure LeAnne had bought the bananas (we were staying for the first and actually the last time in a dorm) and I was about to eat the last one. Meags was like - are you really going to eat the last banana? I think we were all on edge from lack of calories and from there the fight ensued. I don't remember anything else other than that. Maybe Meagan does. It was pretty stupid, but as she and anyone else who knows me can attest, don't mess with the food. Or my sleep for that matter. But never the food. Do you guys remember how that was the advice Meags gave Kev on our wedding day? Classic. I love that you know me that well.

Today hasn't been my favorite being a mother day. Clo's new favorite thing to do is run. Anytime, anywhere, from anyone. Every time I open the garage I have to hustle to get Mad clipped in before she takes off either on foot or on the big wheels. Today she was chasing her ball out of the garage and stopped, to my relief, just before she got to the road. Later, we're at the library and I'm carrying Mad's huge seat and like 20 books out to the car when she does it again. Luckily a nice grandma sees me and is like - can I help you? I'll watch the baby, you go get her. She'd run around the front and was headed for the busy street. I do my best redneck yell for her to stop but she thinks it's funny and runs faster. I almost started crying as I yelled for her again to stop. Anyway, she finally did and although I have never spanked her, I almost vigorously administered two or three right there on main street. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was that mad. I always thought that I was a patient person. I used to think about what a good parent I was going to be because I usually didn't get too angry over things. Ya right. I've been absolutely furious more times in the past couple of days than I have in my whole life. It's amazing how kids can bring that out in you. Anyway, she then resisted a nap for close to 2 hours and needless to say I'm feelin pretty angry right now. Again, I need that bloomin sleep. She's now outside playing very independently and I'm battling a huge headache. Oh well, what do you do? Talk to you later. Leash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home