Thursday, October 19, 2006

ColoradoBennett


Aw, Jess, you got me all wrong. I'm all for pain killers. In fact moments before reading your blog I downed a few tylenol and successfully annihilated a monster headache. I'll never forget the first time I told LeAnne I wanted to have my babies sans drugs. She said, "If I break my leg, I'm going to take pain killers. The same with having a baby." I do understand that that way works best for some women. My thinking here is that my body is designed to manage pain during childbirth (I'm a big fan of oxytocin, endorphins, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and prolactin). Plus, ever since having a spinal tap as a kid I decided that there is no way anyone is getting near me with that pitocin needle. But if I break my leg or have a headache, you better believe I'm reaching for the pain relief. If you are interested, here is a good article on what all those hormones do during child birth: http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/sarah/hormones.html
Oh, and I looked up the website of your new job. That looks like a fun, creative company to work for. Congrats.
Ellynn, great to see you on the blog. Can wait to meet the o' beau.
Adam and I had mutual at our house last night (hence the aforementioned headache). I'm attaching a group photo just for fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home