Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Long time, no blog

I have finally caught up reading all the blogs and I have a minute to fill you in on my life as of late. I quit my sucky job on September 11th (hence being behind on the blog), that dirty jerk I worked with never saw it coming, it was great. Chelsea's boyfriend Joey got me a job at Fusion Imaging (check out their website fusion-imaging.com) where we make signs and billboards for companies to use in marketing. I LOVE it. Mostly I love the people I work with, funny what a difference that makes. Also, it is a hop, skip and a jump from my house. I can go home for lunch or to mom's or Alicia's, it is that close. It is wonderful. I have still been feeling great aside from the occasional 3 day headache. I have been trying not to take medicine because I think of Mindi and the pioneers and think that I can indure a little headache. Have I told you we think we are going with Indie for her name? But we are debating how to spell it...Ton likes Indy but I like Indee or Indie. The middle name will of course be Marie. Tony is still clipping away at school, clinicals and work. He is such a hard worker!

Now onto my week from H-E-L! From Saturday the 7th to Saturday the 14th we have been working on the roof. It was a nightmare to say the very least. We had a lot of help so that was great. Our roofer however was a moron so we are in the process of working out the cost. Here is a word of advice: If you ever have to roof your house just move and let the new owners deal with it...seriously! It is done now and quite a relief. It looks lovely and we are now leak free.

Brooke, who knew they had an IKEA in Germany? That is great. I wasn't the one who posted the link but I am glad someone did. You are right I love that store. We visited one in L.A. after our cruise in February and bought tons of stuff for our then new house. We barely fit it all on the plane with us. I could spend all day there, my mind was on overload, I couldn't take it all in. It was an organizers dream come true. I am soooo jealous of all your lovely adventures. I too, am living vicariously through you. It gives me hope that when the day comes when Tony says we are moving out of state for Med school I will remember all the stories of your great times abroad. Just think of the wonderful memories you are making with your family. We will visit you in Germany if it is the last thing I do.

Darla, you are amazing. Raising kids, going to school and still finding time to run 4 miles (and Mindi, you running 3 and Meags, your marathon) I got on the treadmill for my first time in 5 months today and slowly walked for 23 minutes which included one potty break and some time to take the banana bread out of the oven so that I could devour half a loaf after my "workout." Anywho, I also took a public speaking course, it was quite the experience.

I have loved all the pictures and hope to post some of my own soon.

I saw Elly on Sunday, she looks like a beauty queen. I can't wait for the wedding.

We finally got t.v. after 8 months. I forgot what it is like to have t.v. Is anyone watching LOST? It is so bizarre, I don't know what is going to happen, but I am still addicted.

Well I guess that is about it, sorry about the novel, I will try to post more often. I love you all. Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home