Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thanks for Your Prayers

I know I have been on here a lot lately, but I want to give Paula something to read now that it is her home page.
Remember when I asked you to pray about the job Ellery was applying for in Vancouver. I am guessing you heard through "the sisters" grapevine that he did not get it. We were disappointed, but felt like it was in God's hands. We are trying to do what we are supposed to and something else would work out for us. We talked about why is it we are almost afraid to pray for something we want so badly when it would be a good thing from our perspective. El said he thought that sometimes we are just pessimistic. I always think if I really want something there is a good chance God will use it as a test to see if I don't get it--what will my reaction be? Will I "curse God and die?" Or will I except His will for me?
Well a couple of days ago the company contacted him again and asked if he was still interested in the position. It had not worked out with the other guy. UMMM Guess we passed the test. Lots of details, but the long and short of it is we have the job!
He gave notice to Bonneventure yesterday and they were very gracious--wanted him to stay, told him the door would always be open if he ever wanted to work for them again. I think that is amazing because they could have been rude about him leaving after only 6 months.
We are so blessed. It will be a considerable raise from what we are making now. No apartment to pay for and close to home.
We see God's hand in this. The reason the other guy was chosen initially was because he actually had years of experience managing a retirement community while Ellery had JUST been the Director of Operations over SEVERAL. The staff thought the other guy would relate to them better. Ellery got this job here in Lacey so he would have the hands on experience to get the job in Vancouver!
I will miss Lacey, all the beautiful trails and walks I have had, the train ride each week, and the weekend with Ellery at the apartment. It has been a fun experience. Good thing I am almost caught up on the quilts I wanted to get done. I am easily distracted at home.
Again let me thank you for all your prayers. I know they helped!

6 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Oh Mama i can't tell you how giddy i get every time i think about this!!! I'm so excited to have my PARENTS BACK when i come into town!!! i have, we all have been without our Pa for way too long and while you going up to Lacey with dad was without doubt the best option, that sucked too. I'M SO HAPPY!! I LOVE YOU!

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful blessing!

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I'm so excited for you both! You deserve it!

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Great job!!! Scary together all the time!!!! I am bery happy!!! Love you!!!!!

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

I am so happy for you both! Way to go Ellery!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Cam said...

I'm so glad it worked out! You deserve it. We love you guys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home