Friday, November 04, 2005

ColoradoBennett--grown-ups


Leash, I love that you turn to the blog in the early a.m. when you can't sleep and there is minor discord in your marriage. Adam and I aren't big fighters either, we usually just "agree to disagree" (quote from Anchorman). Thanks for the grown-up compliment, I'm beaming because of it. I've spent about 20 minutes trying to write a cleaver Alicia-style blog, but I cower under the tower of your greatness. Nothing brightens the day quite like a good dose of Alicia Hatch humor, and I know about 54 bloggers that will back me up on that statement. This morning it really hit me how much I miss being with LeAnne, Brooke, and Meagan and co. every day. They are phenomenal moms, they have phenomenal kids, and I love how much they can accomplish in a single day. I've tried with all my might to come home and keep house as well as they do, entertain children as well as they do, exercise as well as they do (I still haven't been able to break a sweet nearly as well as those Bennett girls can), and maintain the spirituality in the home like they do. Meagan made a profound statement in Institute one day about how the nighttime routine with four kids was so hard until they started doing scripture study all together and then they were blessed with more harmony and ease at nighttime. I just amazed. Adam had Sierra sit with us through scripture study last night and I was amazed at how much she picked up. She always likes to repeat words, especially during prayers, and she started mumbling about Nephities and Lamanites. I think she associated Lamanites with "night" and how she didn't want to lay down that night. I hope she can be like Wilohm who can now quote about 76% of scripture because he knows to say "And it came to pass" before every verse. Well, my morning quite time is all used up...and it came to blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home